- This event has passed.
Webinar – Addressing Domestic Violence During the COVID-19 Pandemic
May 13 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Join us for an important discussion on ways we can deal with the growing number of domestic violence cases. Hear IAWJ members talk about various initiatives aimed at ensuring the safety of victims during the pandemic.
A discussion featuring:
- Judge Vanessa Ruiz (Opening Speaker), Senior Judge of the District of Columbia Court of Appeals and President of the IAWJ
- Judge Lisette Shirdan-Harris (Moderator), Judge of the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas, Member of the IAWJ Board of Directors and Member of the National Association of Women Judges (NAWJ)
- Magistrate Taboka Mopipi (Presenter), Regional Magistrate and Administrative Head of the Northern Magisterial District of Botswana and Member of the Botswana Chapter of the IAWJ
- Magistrate Caroline Kabugho Byakutaga (Presenter), Magistrate Grade One in Kampala, Uganda, and Member of the National Association of Women Judges – Uganda (NAWJ-U)
- Judge Emma Nott (Presenter), Crown Court (Circuit) Judge at Reading Crown Court, United Kingdom, and Member of the United Kingdom Association of Women Judges’ International Sub-Committee (UKAWJ)
For more information on the webinar, email the IAWJ team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please share this event with your colleagues!