- This event has passed.
Webinar – Judicial Responses to COVID-19 in Prisons and Other Custodial Settings
May 27 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Prisons and other custodial settings have emerged as ‘hot spots’ in the pandemic. Close congruent settings have put at harm those living in them, those working in them, and the communities in which institutions are located. Speakers will discuss how Courts in different countries have responded to requests by people in detention and the relief they are seeking.
A discussion featuring:
- Judge Vanessa Ruiz (Opening Speaker), Senior Judge of the District of Columbia Court of Appeals and President of the IAWJ
- Professor Judith Resnik (Moderator and Discussant), Arthur Liman Professor of Law at Yale Law School and Member of the IAWJ Board of Managerial Trustees
- Professor Leonard Rubenstein (Discussant), Lawyer and Professor of the Practice at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Justice Apple Newton-Smith (Discussant), Judge of the Ontario Court of Justice
- Judge Joaquine Dominic (Discussant), Judge of the High Court of Tanzania and Chair of the Tanzanian Women Judges & Magistrate Association (TAWJA)
For more information about the webinar, please email the IAWJ team at email@example.com.
Please share this event with your colleagues!