- This event has passed.
Webinar – TIPLine: Recent Developments in Trafficking in Persons in the English-speaking LAC Region
July 17 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
The IAWJ, with generous support from the U.S. Department of State’s Office to Combat and Monitor Trafficking in Person, is implementing a multi-faceted program in the Dominican Republic. As part of that project, the IAWJ held a regional conference with criminal justice stakeholders from throughout Latin America and the Caribbean in July 2019. During this conference, individuals discussed critical issues such as victim-centered approaches and regional cooperation.
Please join us for a follow-up discussion with the panelists to discuss current regional issues and learn how COVID-19 is linked to victims of human trafficking. The target audience is the judicial actors who participated in the LAC Regional Conference and those interested in justice and institutions in the region.
A discussion with:
- Ambassador Susan Esserman (Moderator), Founder and Director of the University of Maryland SAFE Center and Member of the IAWJ Board of Managerial Trustees
- Justice Yonette Cummings Edwards (Discussant), Acting Chancellor of the Judiciary of Guyana and Judge at the Georgetown Court of Appeals
- Her Worship Ann McLennan (Discussant), Chief Magistrate of the Magistrate’s Court of Georgetown, Guyana
- Justice Lisa Palmer Hamilton (Discussant), Puisne Judge of the High Court in Jamaica
- Ms. Lissette Reyes, UNODC – TRACK4TIP Project Coordinator for the Dominican Republic, will present a brief intervention on a new initiative of special relevance to judges.
For more information on the webinar, email the IAWJ team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please share this event with your colleagues!